Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DAY 14: Frankenzombie


So my 6 year old cousin has this faux-obsession with zombies. I don't know if it's because he knows my uncle, my brothers, and I are a big fan of zombie-themed first-person shooter games; or if it's because he sees my aunt watch zombie shows/movies; or anything else. Basically, he's probably fascinated because he sees that everyone else seems to be interested in them.

One time while I was watching TV with him, he kept insisting that we watch an episode of The Walking Dead. At first I was convincing him to watch something else, since I know this kid gets scared easily, but he was so persistent and adamant about it that I agreed. The show starts and my cousin gets all excited telling him mom and dad that it was on. He was glued to the TV screen all giddy and smiling... Until the zombies came out and starts going after a guy--then my cousin starts freaking out. He hides under a big throw pillow screaming, "Change the channel! Change the channel! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!" the loudest he can to drown out the zombies noises. I guess he didn't like the show after all.

So early this evening, when he asked me to draw him a zombie, I tried to make it as not scary as possible. This is perhaps one of the worst drawings I've ever done, but I like how I managed to create the most unusual-looking undead: part boy band member (hair), part farmer (clothes), and part bum (shoe). Also, let's not ignore his zombie accessory du jour, a decapitated head that looks like it used to belong to a female clown or maybe stolen from an Amazon head shrinker village.

Having said that, this drawing was a complete waste of good Parker Penman Ink.

6 comments:

  1. Sis ang galing nga ng drawing mo eh! Inggit na ko. I don't have a single artistic bone in my body. One of my frustrations. :(

    And ako din I get scared easily so I never (or very seldom) watch scary movies. Especially yang mga zombies na yan. Masyado active ang imagination ko so hindi ako makakatulog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne: Are you serious? o_0 hahaha thank you though, that's a sweet thing to say :) Ako natatakot lang ako sa lizards. Yung frozen stiff, knees-shaking fear. It's ridiculous, really :(

    gwacie: I should have drawn a PVZ zombie nalang nga!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagined Justin Beiber carrying a troll doll haha

    I hate zombie games, nagugulat ako. I even threw the controller haha So I just navigate and solve puzzles. Dun ako magaling pero not sa pag control na nung tao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis I'm serious. Had a nephew or my daughter asked me draw a zombie for her, I wouldn't have come up with anything close to that. As a matter of fact, i can't really think how to draw. More likely, i'd google the image and show it to her na lang. Haha :p Or prolly ask her dad to do it since he's much better at drawing than me. Until now nga I haven't lived down the day I tried to draw a pig. Until now hindi malimutan ni hubby yun and madalas pa din nya ko tinutukso about that. So I never draw na :p

    And that stif, knee-shaking fear you're talking about that, I feel that way (100x more actually) on cockroaches. Seriously. If a fortune-teller were to tell me that I would die because of a cockroach, I would really believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianne: Hahaha kulang sa bangs though! Dapat talaga hindi ka gulatin with zombie games. Mababagsak mo na yung controller, patay pa character mo.

    Joanne: Kaya mo yan, start with stupid little doodles :) YES! That's exactly how I feel. I've always said, and I mean this, I'd rather a plane fall on me than a lizard--at least quick death, I don't have to suffer!

    ReplyDelete