Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DAY 12: Old Comic Book


Isn't it just wonderful when you have something that's older that you are? Oh, the stories it could tell! Above is a September 1980  Star Wars comic book, one of my favorite things. Although I doubt if this particular item has much of a history as it was in near mint condition, never read when I got it; my guess is this was just a duplicate, thus stored somewhere and ignored.

I generally prefer the current specials when it comes to comic books, but this was just something I had to have. If you're going to have just one Star Wars comic book, it's got to be The Empire Strikes Back (for me at least, that was my favorite out of all the installments), even if it's just for the bad-ass cover art.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I never knew of a girl who likes comic books! Ako, kung ano lang magustuhan ko yun lang pero I don't venture into mga Superman, Spiderman, etc... kasi mahaba na yung story at mahirap i-collect lol I only have V for Vendetta, Criminal and Watchmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a collector, di ko kaya! Sobrang dami especially now that ang hilig nila sa crossovers. I'd go crazy looking for them and some issues have insane prices. I usually go for the specials that are compilations of a number of issues para mas madali :)

    ReplyDelete