Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DAY 1: Dusty Vader



So I'm going to be posting the very first photo I took today, after sticking in the camera battery I had charged (fun fact: last photo I took with my digital camera was dated December 20, 2010) after two months of non-usage. Thankfully it was still okay.

There are two things that will always remind me of my dad: The Simpsons and Star Wars. But my photo is of Darth Vader (and portions of Yoda & R2D2) so I'm just going to write about the latter. He made me and my three younger brothers watch the original trilogy in probably every format that has ever existed ever since I was born: Betax, VHS, VCD, & DVD (just need a Blue-ray set and I'm good). My dad was pretty successful in raising children who get giddy at the sight of Star Wars anything. I personally get a warm fuzzy feeling inside every time I see good-looking and/or well-made Star Wars merchandise.

The items I pictured above, I bought from my 5 year old cousin (who got them from McDonald's Happy Meals). It went something like this:

[Peeps into cousin's room and sees him playing with a bunch of toys. Looks around. IS THAT DARTH VADER I SEE?]
C: Hey Appy (his name's Rafael but he couldn't pronounce it when he was younger), is that Darth Vader?
Appy: Yes.
C: Can I have it?
Appy: But I'm playing with it.
C: I'll give you P20 for it [takes out money]
Appy: Okay. That comes with a white one!
C: A Stormtrooper?
Appy: Yup. [looks for white one] Here. [hands me R2D2]
C: This is Artoo! Thanks! [big ass smile]
[My aunt--his mom--peeps into his room too. Appy shows her the bill I gave him.]
Aunt: Oh, where'd you get that?
Appy: From C, she bought my Star Wars toys
[Aunt goes through Appy's toys, grabs something and hands it to me]
Aunt: Here, you can have Yoda too.

I'd say this was a pretty good buy for P20.

8 comments:

  1. Not bad for 20 pesos. Welcome to the project, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I hope I complete the whole year *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to project 365, sis!

    I agree with Faith... not bad for 20 pesos.

    I knew of a student before who was such a StarWars fanatic. Almost all projects she submitted were about StarWars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :)

    Yeah, if I account for the cost of 3 Happy Meals (in currency and calories), I saved a lot! :D

    And that student, wow, school projects that were Star Wars-related? I'd love to see all that. Grabe ah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good deal sis! :)

    Kaso I must admit I've only ever watched 1 Star Wars film, yung may Phantom Menace sa title. But hopefully one day mapanood ko na siya lahat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yeah that's episode I (first of the prequel trilogy). For the original trilogy, they made versions with improved computer graphics (best to go for the 2004 DVD) para at least it won't stray so far from the look of the newer movies since yun yung una mong napanood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can you do that to a little child?? Let alone your nephew! I kid. Hahaha but yes nice deal. I want more R2D2 airtime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey my cousin wanted the money and my aunt was glad to get rid of a few of the gazillion toys they had lying around.

    I'll give Artoo his moment, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete