Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DAY 10: Sanosuke Sagara


I used to be a huge anime fan back in high school (although I was extremely picky about which ones I followed). This is what opened me to the world of J-Pop & J-Rock, and eventually K-Pop because Korean artists penetrating the Japanese music scene, like BoA (yes I liked her, don't judge me!). I was thankful I went through that phase during the time when Korean music companies were nurturing a few great acts as opposed to churning out random groups every week. But I digress.

Apart from my broadening my musical world, watching anime also helped me a lot in my Japanese foreign language class and my Asian history class. The show that was most useful and enjoyable was Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X, whichever you want to call it. Great story, well-developed characters, and I learned a lot. Plus I had the biggest crush on Sanosuke--he was tall, brooding, good-looking, and funny. I was dead set on finding someone who looked like him (and this is probably why it took me so long to get a boyfriend :D).

Almost a decade later, still no real Sanosuke. Although I did manage to find someone who is tall, occasionally broods, is good-looking, and extremely funny; he gave me that Sano plushie.

4 comments:

  1. Awww... That's cute. Don't worry. Jpop fan here, too. Still am, actually. Rurouni Kenshin was one of my all-tme favorites. Pero, I'm a half-Kenshin, half-Aoshi fan. I followed it because L'Arc en Ciel sang a song for their soundtrack. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love L'Arc~en~Ciel! Hideo was the best, his singing, his attitude, his fashion, everything!

    I also spent a lot on the soundtracks (which were hard to find back in the day); I can still sing some of my favorites--Sobakasu, Sanbun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou, Dame!, Fourth Avenue Cafe... OMG I could go on and on so I'll stop there cause I'm sound geekier by the song.

    (Amazing how it's the music that brought out the little otaku in me! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fourth Avenue Cafe, Judy and Mary, Bonnie Pink... LOL. Geek mode ko din. Haha... When I got a job, one of the things I started collecting were the soundtracks. Tapos nalaman ko na mas madaling i-download sila.

    As for Hyde, *.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hindi pa kasi masyadong uso download before.
    PLUS I remember modem pa internet connections! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete